Linuxathome.net

Linux news and help for home broadband internet users
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:58 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 12:27 pm 

Hi People, After lots of use from the Main Linuxathome url, I succesfully managed to get a working :

I Have
Blueyonder Broadband (Motorola Surfboard SB4100)
Redhat 9.0
2 NICS - 3com and a Dlink
Firestarter Software

So far everything has been good, Trying to use my Linux machine as a NAT Router. Basically My only problem is MSN VOICE (xp)Ports and Ports in general. I have looked around at most of the good advice in here, but i am not sure whether Firestarter is actually doing what i ask it.

I do not get internet connection sharing working, Unless Firestarter is on, so i guess it is working,, I cannot send files/voice/ or any use of ports apart from Normal Logging in of MSN.

I would greatly appreciate any help, so i can get my Machines through the Linux router running all the goods/oice and so fourth

APart from theabove mentioned everything is Fine, and i would like to say GREAT Website you got here, and superb Forums.

Speak to you all soon. Cant wait for replies, as i have almost conquered it all apart from this.

Cecil Bergwin
UK
England

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 5:50 pm 
Admin

My advice would be to find out (using a Google search) what ports MSN uses for files and voice etc and what protocol (TCP or UDP) they use.

You can then enter those details into Firestarter and forward the ports to the respective machine.

Unfortunately I can't be too much more help as I don't use MSN myself, mainly only ICQ.

Post subject: Thanx
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 8:53 am 

I shall have a look and see what`s what, i have reinstalled :) again.. so i hope i can sort it this time.

Thanx your for the reply